The Swarm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Swarm

A Forum for the Haley & Kyle Hate Each Other Hitbox.tv Channel

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

CONTEST: Amnesia Giveaway!

Go down 
+6
Mama Jen
nowagaynorway
Cozened
Darkwill73
WhiteBAMF
Narzack
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Narzack
Admin
Narzack

CONTEST: Amnesia Giveaway! Empty
PostSubject: CONTEST: Amnesia Giveaway!   CONTEST: Amnesia Giveaway! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 8:37 pm

Hey, SWARMers!

Kyle here, with another super-sweet giveaway! Like video games? Like video games so scary that you won't be able to sleep for a week after you've finished it? I know I do. Haley and I are giving away a copy of AMNESIA: THE DARK DESCENT. To be entered into our random drawing to receive a kick-ass copy of AMNESIA: THE DARK DESCENT on Steam, simply reply to this thread with your favorite gaming moment.

Remember that moment when a game won you over and became your favorite? Was it a cutscene, a character, a badass finishing move, a super-intense boss? Tell us all about it and win Amnesia!

Entry deadline is Monday, December 13th at 2:00AM EST!
Back to top Go down
WhiteBAMF

WhiteBAMF

PostSubject: My gaming moment    CONTEST: Amnesia Giveaway! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 12:43 am

One top gaming moment for me was getting the Judge steel sword in Fable 2 as a good guy. I got it in the Mystery trader from the DLC that came with the Platinum edition. It is a very great weapon and I kinda wish I had it before the main ending.
Back to top Go down
Darkwill73

Darkwill73

PostSubject: Re: CONTEST: Amnesia Giveaway!   CONTEST: Amnesia Giveaway! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 2:27 am

One of my favorite moments came from Red Dead Redemption, a game I wholly recommend to everyone not only because of the fun gameplay, but also because of the captivating storyline that was told around the gunplay.

Anyway, after another round of drinking tequila shots to keep the memories of his past from haunting him, John Marston (roleplayed as the drunken bad guy with a decent side to him 'expertly' by me) mistook a member of a local gang for a bed and fell on top of him. Seeing this, his two buddies put up their fisticuffs and begin beating my body as I stumbled to get up. I brandished my gun, and the saloon is ablaze with violence and blood; this is where the greatest moment comes in.

As I'm firing at one of the gang members, I enter into this mode called "Dead Eye" which slows the game down and allows you to line up shoots on dudes prior to taking them after exiting Dead Eye mode. As I make my marks on my target, a prostitute in the saloon decides to run for her life. When I had finished making my marks - about 4 in total, although the headshot was all that was needed - the prostitute decided to run BETWEEN my target and the gun. The four bullets ravaged her frame and sent her corpse careening INTO the gang member, at which point he squealed for help as the body took him to the floor. I took that moment to run from the saloon to the train station and hop aboard the nearest train to a new town.

That, my friends, was one of my best moments, although I've got plenty of them to share, if anyone wants to listen. Smile
Back to top Go down
Cozened

PostSubject: Re: CONTEST: Amnesia Giveaway!   CONTEST: Amnesia Giveaway! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 6:53 am

This was fairly recent and takes place in Battlefield: Bad Company 2 multiplayer for PC.

Playing conquest mode on the map Laguna Presa, a fairly small map with water surrounding the land, as well as small water ways cutting through it at certain points. The only vehicles that spawn on this map are ATV's, APC's, and the glorious Jet ski. Being the manly hero I am, I naturally hop on the first Jet ski I can get my hands on and take off. You know, just being a dick and taunting the other team as I just ride around. But as I came out of one of the water ways into the open lake, I saw him. A member of the other team. Playing the Assault class and crossing the river. He never saw me coming as he stopped to fire at one of my teammates. I proceed to blind side him on his left side with the Jet ski, killing him and having his body double as a ramp as I launch into the air and far into the mainland, where I land onto an enemy APC blowing both myself and the tank up. I lived fast and died young. Just as a true hero should.

Back to top Go down
nowagaynorway

PostSubject: Re: CONTEST: Amnesia Giveaway!   CONTEST: Amnesia Giveaway! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 9:01 am

My greatest gaming moment occurred in NHL 09 for the Xbox 360. There were four of us, with myself and my three closest friends playing the game. The score was 2-2 in OT with three seconds left. Controlling Sidney Crosby, my friend found himself with a breakaway and a chance for a hat trick. As the shot was released another friend pauses the game. With the game paused we could see the puck and where it was in relation to the net. It appeared to have a chance of going in the net although there was heavy debate as to whether or not a goal was about to be scored. After going back and forth for about 10 minutes, the game was unpaused and.....it's a goooooooooaaaaaaaalllllll!!! My friend and I had won the game and to celebrate, I jumped on him and proceeded to do various acts that would sicken even the kinkiest of the human race.
Back to top Go down
Kanucult

PostSubject: game contest   CONTEST: Amnesia Giveaway! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 11:45 pm

I like games, can I have the game please?
Back to top Go down
Mama Jen

Mama Jen

PostSubject: Skitty is GOD   CONTEST: Amnesia Giveaway! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 12:21 am

My best gaming moment was when I swept a team on Pokemon Battle Revolution with my Skitty.

. . . . .
That's it.
Back to top Go down
darkflameofhavok

darkflameofhavok

PostSubject: I had a lap Haley   CONTEST: Amnesia Giveaway! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 2:18 am

The video game moment that left the biggest impression on me was when we made Droo play Fatal Frame 2 for the first time. We were sitting in the Awesomes lodge, Droo was on the floor or on the couch next to us and Hay and I were snuggling and the stairs lady literally dropped in. IT WAS HORRIFYING. and before I knew it, Hay had climbed into my lap. I'm sure should would have curled up on my head if it was possible.

I'm not putting myself in for the game (I wouldn't play it, give it to someone who would!), I just wanted to brag that Haley sat in my lap once. And it was hot!
Back to top Go down
Goonch

Goonch

PostSubject: Re: CONTEST: Amnesia Giveaway!   CONTEST: Amnesia Giveaway! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 9:52 pm

So, I have a couple gal pals from high school that Bridgett and I will occasionally get together with, and whenever we do we always play Mario Party. Mario Party for us is like a tradition because we always get super crazy and violent with it. Jen is always on my team while Catie is always on Bridgett's, and Jen and I are usually the ones who win. This time, however, Bridgett and Catie were kicking our asses the whole way through the game. Whenever the star appeared on the board, it was ALWAYS directly in front of one of them.

We were on the last turn, and Bridgett and Catie were dancing around because they were going to win. My turn was the last turn of the game, and I turned to Jen and asked, "Does it even matter? Should I even roll?" Jen just shrugged and said, "Why not, just end the game already." I rolled a low number, as usual, and landed on a Bowser space. Jen hit me in the shoulder and was like, "REALLY? You had to make this game even worse for us?!" Bowser appeared on the screen and we were given the Bowser Roulette, where we had a chance to switch up our star count with the opposite team, as long as we landed on either Bridgett or Catie's characters. I landed on Catie.

We had 2 stars, and they had 9.

We won the game, and laughed for about a half and hour straight. That was the single best moment in my gaming history.
Back to top Go down
zehn78

zehn78

PostSubject: river city ransom   CONTEST: Amnesia Giveaway! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 10:41 pm

my best gaming moment was playing river city ransom for the first time and getting to the sauna about half way through the game. my character was in the shower and you could see his little 8-bit nes butt. my sister and i used to play that game co-op and we still get a kick out of the little pixel butt to this day.
Back to top Go down
Narzack
Admin
Narzack

PostSubject: Re: CONTEST: Amnesia Giveaway!   CONTEST: Amnesia Giveaway! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 10:58 pm

Congratulations, Will!
Back to top Go down
Darkwill73

Darkwill73

PostSubject: Re: CONTEST: Amnesia Giveaway!   CONTEST: Amnesia Giveaway! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 12:02 am

Oh, wow! Thanks for the gift, Narzack, and thanks for all the stories, everyone!
Back to top Go down
nowagaynorway

PostSubject: Re: CONTEST: Amnesia Giveaway!   CONTEST: Amnesia Giveaway! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 3:24 pm

darkflameofhavok wrote:
The video game moment that left the biggest impression on me was when we made Droo play Fatal Frame 2 for the first time. We were sitting in the Awesomes lodge, Droo was on the floor or on the couch next to us and Hay and I were snuggling and the stairs lady literally dropped in. IT WAS HORRIFYING. and before I knew it, Hay had climbed into my lap. I'm sure should would have curled up on my head if it was possible.

I'm not putting myself in for the game (I wouldn't play it, give it to someone who would!), I just wanted to brag that Haley sat in my lap once. And it was hot!

So hot Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: CONTEST: Amnesia Giveaway!   CONTEST: Amnesia Giveaway! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 9:36 pm

Depends on the genre really.

My real love of fighting games started because of a moment I did not see happen live:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_AnZ0k8zOs 2:30 if you feel like skipping to epicness.
Crowd shot ---->https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KS7hkwbKmBM

This started a love affair with a series that will probably be around for as long as people play games. There is an unending learning curve, and there will almost always be competition. You rely on nobody but yourself.

But honestly, my favorite, true favorite game of all time?

Tetris. The pure simplicity of it is staggeringly beautiful. Knowing the game is never the same twice. Thinking quickly as the speed increases. That Goddamn Russian folk song you now know but don't know the name of. (Trivia, the name of that song is Korobeiniki.) The excitement and tension as you get dangerously close to the top of the stack and aren't sure where to go. The frustration when you lose, the relaxation of starting over.

What, I'm the only one who feels that?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CONTEST: Amnesia Giveaway!   CONTEST: Amnesia Giveaway! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CONTEST: Amnesia Giveaway!
Page 1 of 1