The Swarm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Swarm

A Forum for the Haley & Kyle Hate Each Other Hitbox.tv Channel

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Planetside 2 cast

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
TehSTWon

Planetside 2 cast Empty
PostSubject: Planetside 2 cast   Planetside 2 cast Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 5:37 pm

From time to time I am going to cast the game during Ops with my outfit. Feel free to check it out.

http://www.twitch.tv/kittycommanderr#
Back to top Go down
Narzack
Admin
Narzack

Planetside 2 cast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Planetside 2 cast   Planetside 2 cast Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 7:44 am

Following and looking forward to it.
Back to top Go down
TehSTWon

Planetside 2 cast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Planetside 2 cast   Planetside 2 cast Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 2:17 am

I was thinking from time to time I might cast something else judging on what I feel like playing and stuff, how hard is that going to be I take it I need a capture card of some kind? And some kind of software?
Back to top Go down
Narzack
Admin
Narzack

Planetside 2 cast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Planetside 2 cast   Planetside 2 cast Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 10:33 am

If you want to capture footage off an external device, such as a console, you will need a capture card. If you want to capture footage from your computer, you will need software. We have been using Vhscrcap as a screen capture tool and Adobe's Flash Media Live Encoder as the streaming program. It gets the job done; the only downside(pretty major downside, actually) being that it's a resource hog. When I'm playing a game, my cores are usually at about 15-40% usage. As soon as I click 'Start Streaming' on FMLE, my cores shoot up to 100% usage.

The last two, streams, however, I've been using Open Broadcaster Software. It's still in Alpha, but so far it seems really great. Way less cpu-intensive for a start. Plus the ability to choose which JTV server to upload to. For help on how to use OBS, check out this link.

But, above all, be prepared for hair-shredding, screaming, head-slamming, teeth-gnashing frustration in trying to set up your stream.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Planetside 2 cast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Planetside 2 cast   Planetside 2 cast Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Planetside 2 cast
Page 1 of 1