The Swarm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Swarm

A Forum for the Haley & Kyle Hate Each Other Hitbox.tv Channel

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Boooooooks

Go down 
+9
StraightEdgeEdd
Autophoric
darkflameofhavok
Mastervolo
WhiteBAMF
xDeniedx
Cozened
Narzack
Mama Jen
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Narzack
Admin
Narzack

Boooooooks - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boooooooks   Boooooooks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 12:01 am

Reading The Girl Who Played with Fire. It's not much better than the first one, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.
Back to top Go down
s1yfox

PostSubject: Re: Boooooooks   Boooooooks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 4:36 am

Boooooooks - Page 2 RoastingHellsKitchen

I picked up this bad boy for my kindle app on my Samsung Galaxy S II, and its freaking hilarious. Gordon Ramsay is my hero when it comes to cooking. If it wasn't for my girlfriend and I Pulling all nighters into watching his show, I would have never been into cooking food much. rabbit
Back to top Go down
Narzack
Admin
Narzack

PostSubject: Re: Boooooooks   Boooooooks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 1:55 pm

Finished The Girl Who Played with Fire. It sucked.
Back to top Go down
K_Nasty

K_Nasty

PostSubject: Re: Boooooooks   Boooooooks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 4:51 pm

I'm finally starting the Dirk Gentry books that Douglas Adams wrote, I found both at a used book store so I figured I'd give it a go.
Back to top Go down
Haley
Admin
Haley

PostSubject: Re: Boooooooks   Boooooooks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 4:59 pm

I started some Orson Scott Card book that's somewhere in the front room and I don't know if I have the will or energy to go find it and finish it, or even remember the title. Hart's Butt, or something.

I recently finished two Pearl S. Buck books - Imperial Woman and Pavilion of Women. Loved both, though the former made me angry. Not at the writing; it just evoked that emotional response in me.

My mom is crazy for me to read the Poldark saga, so I may dive into that next.
Back to top Go down
https://theswarm.forumotion.net
Narzack
Admin
Narzack

PostSubject: Re: Boooooooks   Boooooooks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 7:27 pm

K_Nasty wrote:
I'm finally starting the Dirk Gentry books that Douglas Adams wrote, I found both at a used book store so I figured I'd give it a go.

I have the first one. I think it's really neat.
Back to top Go down
Mastervolo

Mastervolo

PostSubject: Re: Boooooooks   Boooooooks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 12:19 pm

Back to reading at the Mountains of Madness by H.P. Lovecraft. Awwww yea.
Back to top Go down
StraightEdgeEdd

StraightEdgeEdd

PostSubject: Re: Boooooooks   Boooooooks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 6:56 pm

Re-reading the Harry Potter books...for English this quarter. Getting all that Wizardry swag. Kappa
Back to top Go down
spikemartinez

spikemartinez

PostSubject: Re: Boooooooks   Boooooooks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 1:10 am

Back to top Go down
Mastervolo

Mastervolo

PostSubject: Re: Boooooooks   Boooooooks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 1:12 am

Im finishing the hunger games. not the best written series, but definitely entertaining.
Back to top Go down
Narzack
Admin
Narzack

PostSubject: Re: Boooooooks   Boooooooks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 9:28 pm

I just finished Snuff by Terry Pratchett. I'm a huge Discworld fan, but this one kinda fell flat for me. One of the two weakest Discworld novels, in my opinion, the other being EricFaust.
Back to top Go down
Narzack
Admin
Narzack

PostSubject: Re: Boooooooks   Boooooooks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 3:03 pm

If you guys can get ahold of a short story by Tolkien called 'Leaf by Niggle,' you should most definitely read it. It's one of the best short stories I've ever read, and is so good that Haley even recommended it to her sister. You don't need to have enjoyed or read The Lord of the Rings, so bonus for everyone who's not me.

Other than that, I'm reading a book called The Marks of Cain by Tom Knox. It's not bad so far.
Back to top Go down
Mastervolo

Mastervolo

PostSubject: Re: Boooooooks   Boooooooks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 3:11 pm

I had to read Leaf by Niggle for my fantasy and literature course last year, it is pretty great.

Also reading Forge of Darkness
Back to top Go down
Haley
Admin
Haley

PostSubject: Re: Boooooooks   Boooooooks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 3:54 pm

Reading 'An Irish Country Childhood' which is the most plot-less but pleasant and charming book ever. About to re-read 'Einstein's Dreams'. Also reading, for the billionth time, 'Onions In The Stew'.
Back to top Go down
https://theswarm.forumotion.net
Narzack
Admin
Narzack

PostSubject: Re: Boooooooks   Boooooooks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 4:53 pm

Are you getting lost in the deep, uh, whatever?
Back to top Go down
Narzack
Admin
Narzack

PostSubject: Re: Boooooooks   Boooooooks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2014 6:55 pm

I just read Perdido Street Station by China Mieville. Ultimately, I didn't really care for it. The setting of Bas Lag is pretty one-note. And that note is gross. Seriously, everything about the main city is gross. Everything is bulbous, cancerous, gangrenous, oozing, slimy, blackened, pus-filled, rotted, fetid, and putrid. It's really pretty dumb.

I don't care for his plotting or storytelling either, it doesn't feel like anything proceeds with any logic or realism. Everything just sucks all the time.

I guess he's a solid technical writer, dense at first, but vivid enough. Unfortunately, everything is vividly disgusting.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Boooooooks   Boooooooks - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Boooooooks
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Swarm :: The Swarm :: Book Club-
Jump to: