The Swarm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Swarm

A Forum for the Haley & Kyle Hate Each Other Hitbox.tv Channel

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Bioshock Infinite!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mastervolo

Mastervolo

Bioshock Infinite! Empty
PostSubject: Bioshock Infinite!   Bioshock Infinite! Icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 10:52 pm

I am shocked there wasnt an anticipatory thread for this game, so now we have one!

Mostly for what we thought of the ending, and whatever else

also the science of bioshock! (spoilers?)
Back to top Go down
Narzack
Admin
Narzack

Bioshock Infinite! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bioshock Infinite!   Bioshock Infinite! Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 11:02 am

I liked the game a lot. Strong characters, good sound, lovely art direction, and an interesting story(love quantum physics stuff). I just thought the ending was stupid. Haley and I have talked about it a bit, and I think I have two main problems with it, besides the fact that I don't think it makes any sense.

1. I think it's really dumb to do that to your player. In the last two minutes of the game, suddenly say, 'haha you were the bad guy all along plot twist game over.' I just spent something like 15 hours playing this game, trying to save this girl and now you're telling me I'm the bad guys? Well, that sucks, you dickbutts. I just think it's unfair to your player.

2. For a big plot twist like that, you have to do the work. You have to lay the groundwork, so that on examination it doesn't feel out of left field. Movies like Memento, Fight Club, Sixth Sense, the due diligence was done to make the reveal work. I don't feel Infinite did that. Not in all your interactions with Slate(who would know), Elizabeth, or Comstock. The only thing that happens is on the airship, he says something to the effect of 'Elizabeth, you think there's something strange about him, something you can't quite put your finger on.' For one, there is no indication of this at all. And you've been hanging out with this chick for hours by now. And two, she doesn't respond that.

So, yeah, those are my thoughts. Let's get this discussion going.
Back to top Go down
TehSTWon

Bioshock Infinite! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bioshock Infinite!   Bioshock Infinite! Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 8:26 pm

Take this Kyle click click click- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g15hfTHNdTg

Great story, great graphics, game play is boring and lack luster is its only flaw that and its short.
Back to top Go down
Narzack
Admin
Narzack

Bioshock Infinite! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bioshock Infinite!   Bioshock Infinite! Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 8:29 pm

Valentine, you know I don't click on your links anymore.

EDIT- Also, what does this have to do with Bioshock?
Back to top Go down
Narzack
Admin
Narzack

Bioshock Infinite! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bioshock Infinite!   Bioshock Infinite! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 7:43 pm

It looks like a DLC was just released. Has anyone played it?
Back to top Go down
TA1

TA1

Bioshock Infinite! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bioshock Infinite!   Bioshock Infinite! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 10:15 pm

What DLC was released? I saw the trailer for Burial at Sea, but it said coming soon.
Back to top Go down
Narzack
Admin
Narzack

Bioshock Infinite! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bioshock Infinite!   Bioshock Infinite! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 3:12 pm

The released DLC is called Clash in the Clouds, and from the looks of it, is just some combat arena thing.  I'm not really interested.  Burial at Sea, however, is something that I definitely would play.

EDIT- Let me rephrase. If this first DLC had been included with the game as an unlockable or something, then I'd probably have given a shot. As it is, it's not worth paying even $5.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bioshock Infinite! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bioshock Infinite!   Bioshock Infinite! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bioshock Infinite!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Swarm :: The Swarm :: Gaming-
Jump to: