The Swarm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Swarm

A Forum for the Haley & Kyle Hate Each Other Hitbox.tv Channel

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Battlestar Galactica Online

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Narzack
Admin
Narzack

Battlestar Galactica Online Empty
PostSubject: Battlestar Galactica Online   Battlestar Galactica Online Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 3:20 am

The new browser-based BSG MMO entered Open Beta on February 8th.

http://battlestar-galactica.bigpoint.com/

I just gave it a brief play; it's not amazing, but it definitely seems like it has a lot of potential. Whether that potential will ever be realized remains, of course, to be seen.

It looks like you can be either human or Cylon. I made a human, naturally. There' s a fairly limited avatar creator, think WoW level of depth in that regard. And, along with that, you can choose to fly either a Raptor or a Viper. All pretty basic stuff, as befits a free, browser-based MMO in open beta.

Controls, however feel very sluggish and less than responsive. (That's kinda redundant, isn't it? Oh, well.) The weapons autofire when targeting an enemy in your firing cone and range, which takes a bit away from the experience, I feel. It makes the proceedings feel somehow less immediate and immersive.

Again, though, open beta. Check it out, let's see what we can do, shall we?

Maybe create a SWARM wing?
Back to top Go down
Cozened

Battlestar Galactica Online Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battlestar Galactica Online   Battlestar Galactica Online Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 6:06 am

I played the starting tutorial and it didn't seem too bad. It was sluggish, though. It will just take some getting used to it. I liked the music, too.
Back to top Go down

Battlestar Galactica Online
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Swarm :: The Swarm :: Gaming-
Jump to: