HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in

Share | 

Pop Culture Shame

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Narzack
Admin

PostSubject: Pop Culture Shame   Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:25 am

There are some things in pop culture that we just don't understand. We wish we could. But, there's just something about it that we can't get into. This the thread to reveal your hidden shame.

For me, one of my biggest pop culture shames is H.P. Lovecraft. He's often cited as one of the greatest horror writers of all time. But, dammit, I just don't like him. I think his writing is crap; it reads like he had a thesarus beside him and just picked the longest words he could find for each sentence.

Beyond that, it's all UNKNOWABLE BULLSHIT THAT THE HUMAN MIND CANNOT COMPREHEND FOR FUCK'S SAKE THE THING I JUST SAW MADE MY BRAIN EXPLODE BECAUSE IT CANNOT BE DESCRIBED IN HUMAN TERMS TAKE MY WORD FOR IT GUYS.

Shit, man. With that guy it was all tell, no show. It's a cop out to say that something is 'indescribable.' You're a writer, it's your job to describe shit. If you can't, don't write, you lazy fuck.

Also, Cthulu sucks.

Short version: Lovecraft is overly wordy and breaks the fundamental rule of writing.

What about you guys? W
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Farxx

PostSubject: Re: Pop Culture Shame   Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:59 am

Star Wars.

I've had people almost yell at me when I've said I don't really like it. To be honest, all that space shit just doesn't interest me. I love sci-fi, I love fantasy, but I just don't seem to enjoy space-based stories.

Also cannot stand Star Trek. The new film was cool though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Pop Culture Shame
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Swarm :: The Swarm :: General Discussion-
Jump to: