The Swarm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Swarm

A Forum for the Haley & Kyle Hate Each Other Hitbox.tv Channel

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New Games & An Experiment

Go down 
+4
necrolet
Heat Miser
TA1
Haley
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Haley
Admin
Haley

New Games & An Experiment Empty
PostSubject: New Games & An Experiment   New Games & An Experiment Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 2:05 pm

Kyle and I are talking about trying to cast two games - Missing: Since January and Evidence: The Last Ritual.

These are horror adventure games, but they're a very different style of play that employs a sort of ARG element. The player figures things out doing actual research and getting real e-mails from the NPCs.

If we casted this, we'd have to have viewer help. We would set up an e-mail account just for these games that any Swarmie could access, and you guys would be helping do google searches and giving us direction on how to proceed during the casts. It would be a collective effort.

These games are HARD. They're famous for having Mensa-level puzzles and riddles and being dizzyingly cerebral. They are also supposed to be really creepy and very immersive, which sounds fun.

Are you guys up to the challenge?
Back to top Go down
https://theswarm.forumotion.net
TA1

TA1

PostSubject: Re: New Games & An Experiment   New Games & An Experiment Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 5:25 pm

You have my sword...
Back to top Go down
Heat Miser

Heat Miser

PostSubject: Re: New Games & An Experiment   New Games & An Experiment Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 5:29 pm

...and you have my bow
Back to top Go down
necrolet

PostSubject: Re: New Games & An Experiment   New Games & An Experiment Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 5:33 pm

And my axe!
Back to top Go down
Lazzarus Kain

Lazzarus Kain

PostSubject: Re: New Games & An Experiment   New Games & An Experiment Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 5:35 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
K_Nasty

K_Nasty

PostSubject: Re: New Games & An Experiment   New Games & An Experiment Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 2:21 am

I am ready!
Back to top Go down
Narzack
Admin
Narzack

PostSubject: Re: New Games & An Experiment   New Games & An Experiment Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 7:21 am

Let's fuckin' do it.
Back to top Go down
StraightEdgeEdd

StraightEdgeEdd

PostSubject: Re: New Games & An Experiment   New Games & An Experiment Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 12:57 pm

Woo Woo Woo...you know it!
Back to top Go down
K_Nasty

K_Nasty

PostSubject: Re: New Games & An Experiment   New Games & An Experiment Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 8:34 pm

Only thing I would add is give u some advanced warning? I'll call off work for that shit Wink
Back to top Go down
Haley
Admin
Haley

PostSubject: Re: New Games & An Experiment   New Games & An Experiment Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 1:45 pm

I ordered Missing: Since January and it should get here early next week.

It is like pulling bloody teeth to get Kyle to plan ANYthing, but right now I'm gonna say that we'll be starting the game next Saturday (March 10th) noon-ish (EST) and marathoning. Goal is to do a 24 hour cast. You guys can come and go as you please, obviously, and help when you're around.

We're also gonna try and have activities and maybe a contest, too, to keep things going. If we finish Missing (I have NO idea how long gameplay is supposed to be), we may move on to Evidence, depending on how frustrated/excited folks are.

Also debating cheesily immersing ourselves in the games and pretending we really did get evidence from the police and are trying to actually solve a crime, like a super dorky War of the Worlds broadcast.
Back to top Go down
https://theswarm.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Games & An Experiment   New Games & An Experiment Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Games & An Experiment
Page 1 of 1