The Swarm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Swarm

A Forum for the Haley & Kyle Hate Each Other Hitbox.tv Channel

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Kingdom of Almalur:Reckoning

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Autophoric

Autophoric

Kingdom of Almalur:Reckoning Empty
PostSubject: Kingdom of Almalur:Reckoning   Kingdom of Almalur:Reckoning Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 7:58 pm

Website

Gameplay

This game looks to have everything that I want out of an RPG. Can't wait for February 7th.
Back to top Go down
Cozened

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Almalur:Reckoning   Kingdom of Almalur:Reckoning Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 9:23 pm

A friend of mine is really looking forward to it because he has a hard on for the writer. I was hoping they would go darker with the art style since they had Todd McFarlane on it. But, it's an RPG, so I will play it.
Back to top Go down
Autophoric

Autophoric

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Almalur:Reckoning   Kingdom of Almalur:Reckoning Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 8:13 pm

I actually had written a two paragraph diatribe about R.L. Salvatore but I removed it because I didn't want my personal opinion of him to impinge on peoples view of the game. I just hope that now that Salvatore is creating his own world he will not continue to create such boring achetype fantasy characters.

On another note it is interesting to me that Curt Schilling is involved. With the way they are setting up the lore for this world and Schillings involvement its only a matter of time till this series becomes an MMO.
Back to top Go down
Cozened

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Almalur:Reckoning   Kingdom of Almalur:Reckoning Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 8:37 pm

That's already the plan. The MMO is coming next, and has already been in development for a while now.
Back to top Go down
Autophoric

Autophoric

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Almalur:Reckoning   Kingdom of Almalur:Reckoning Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 8:44 pm

Makes sense, in the interview the developer was very non committal about that. I assumed that they were going to see if this game sold well enough to justify an MMO. I mean by the time that MMO comes out TOR should have supplanted WoW as the biggest MMO going Very Happy so you know that Blizzard we be ready to pump out another one.
Back to top Go down
Cozened

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Almalur:Reckoning   Kingdom of Almalur:Reckoning Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 9:00 pm

Blizzard already has a next gen MMO in the works, too.
Back to top Go down
Autophoric

Autophoric

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Almalur:Reckoning   Kingdom of Almalur:Reckoning Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 9:54 pm

I know. My theory is based on them milking WoW till it ran dry, in this case TOR would push up that schedule because its the MMO I am going to be playing.
Back to top Go down
Cozened

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Almalur:Reckoning   Kingdom of Almalur:Reckoning Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 10:09 pm

TOR isn't the first MMO to get super hyped up, WoW will still be hanging around until Blizzard decides to kill it off with their next MMO. TOR will probably be successful, at least for a bit, but it isn't going to get 10 million people over night. WoW didn't, TOR won't.
Back to top Go down
Autophoric

Autophoric

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Almalur:Reckoning   Kingdom of Almalur:Reckoning Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 10:21 pm

but ... but ... ToR will have me as a subscriber. I am quite sure WoW is only releasing the Pandarian expansion because they knew such an expansion would get me into the fold. Too bad for them that ToR comes out first and as such I will have to give it all my love.

Blizzard just needs to concentrate on Diablo III and SC II the MMO market has been cornered. The Force runs through all of us.
Back to top Go down
Cozened

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Almalur:Reckoning   Kingdom of Almalur:Reckoning Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 10:25 pm

Until half the people quit after the first month.
Back to top Go down
Autophoric

Autophoric

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Almalur:Reckoning   Kingdom of Almalur:Reckoning Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 10:43 pm

Well they can go ahead and run, run home and cry to mama. ToR is for the the elite and by definition there must be an attrition rate.
Back to top Go down
Cozened

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Almalur:Reckoning   Kingdom of Almalur:Reckoning Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 10:58 pm

You're right. Only the elite can handle the brilliant Bioware story telling.

Kingdom of Almalur:Reckoning Tumblr_liapndVrzG1qdrfdro1_500
Back to top Go down
Autophoric

Autophoric

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Almalur:Reckoning   Kingdom of Almalur:Reckoning Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 12:06 am

Perfect, they have a choice for those of us who avoid talking about feelings and would rather stuff food down our gullets. Besides I don't think I have ever played a Blizzard game and thought the story rivaled a Gene Wolfe book.

Back to top Go down
Cozened

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Almalur:Reckoning   Kingdom of Almalur:Reckoning Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 12:50 am

The story takes you back to a simpler time. They bad, kill them. I think that is a lesson lost on today's youth. Outside of Virgina Tech, anyway. They take it too serious.
Back to top Go down
Cozened

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Almalur:Reckoning   Kingdom of Almalur:Reckoning Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 5:31 pm

Back to top Go down
Autophoric

Autophoric

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Almalur:Reckoning   Kingdom of Almalur:Reckoning Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 8:46 pm

VPI only takes things like that seriously because they are jealous that in West Virginia they get to chant "We are Marshall" and all VPI gets is the kickass "enter sandman" entrance.

The special editions of games like this should be access to all the DLC for free.
Back to top Go down
Cozened

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Almalur:Reckoning   Kingdom of Almalur:Reckoning Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 9:02 pm

EA keeps getting more and more over priced for special editions. I am surprised ME3 isn't more than $80. There needs to be more Witcher 2 collector's edition type value out there.
Back to top Go down
Autophoric

Autophoric

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Almalur:Reckoning   Kingdom of Almalur:Reckoning Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 9:53 pm

I still need to buy The Witcher II. Which reminds me of another thing the developers of the Witcher did right, made the game for the PC and then ported it. Not this crap of making all 3 at the same time and ruining each version, ala ME and Elder Scrolls
Back to top Go down
Narzack
Admin
Narzack

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Almalur:Reckoning   Kingdom of Almalur:Reckoning Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 9:16 am

I missed the GoG Witcher 2 sale by a few hours. Bastards.
Back to top Go down
Autophoric

Autophoric

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Almalur:Reckoning   Kingdom of Almalur:Reckoning Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 8:43 pm

Demo came out for Kingdoms of Amalur:The Reckoning.

As the wise Cozy said, 'its got the combat system that Fable should have had.'
Back to top Go down
Narzack
Admin
Narzack

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Almalur:Reckoning   Kingdom of Almalur:Reckoning Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 8:58 pm

Maybe I need to try it again, but I got really bored with it. I made it out of the Well of Souls place, and as soon as I got outside, I realized I couldn't be bothered to go any further. So, I quit. Had to to sit through a 42 hour-long, unskippable trailer for the game, THEN tell the game YET AGAIN that I wanted to exit.
Back to top Go down
Cozened

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Almalur:Reckoning   Kingdom of Almalur:Reckoning Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 9:37 pm

I never finished the full time they gave you for the demo, but I plan to give it a go just to unlock all the demo items for ME3 and this game when I do finally get around to picking it up. I like the way they did it where you could pretty much do anything you can do in the real game in the set amount of time and nothing was really locked out, but that is also one of the reasons I can't bring myself to play it much. It's the same way I don't level up characters hardcore in MMO betas, because I will be doing the same stuff once it is actually out that I don't want to burn out when it doesn't count. So, I will probably just kill innocents until the time is up or leave it running. I still wouldn't pay full price for it, though. If I didn't have to be picky I probably would, but as it stands I don't think I will put enough hours in to justify $60. Also, $60 PC titles are bullshit. K bai.
Back to top Go down
Autophoric

Autophoric

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Almalur:Reckoning   Kingdom of Almalur:Reckoning Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 11:57 pm

Narzack wrote:
Maybe I need to try it again, but I got really bored with it. I made it out of the Well of Souls place, and as soon as I got outside, I realized I couldn't be bothered to go any further. So, I quit. Had to to sit through a 42 hour-long, unskippable trailer for the game, THEN tell the game YET AGAIN that I wanted to exit.

The combat doesn't really shine until you get to the first marker after the well of souls and get the fate shift power. That is also right around the point where you start to fight groups of enemies which helps to show off the combat engine. What I did was I went to the first town you get to and I started killing the NPCs, this lead to a group of about 10 people attacking me. That was when I started to see the beauty in the game. Free switching of weapons to continue combos, juggling and the ability to throw in spells during a combo make the combat fun. I also like how easy blocking and dodging are.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Almalur:Reckoning   Kingdom of Almalur:Reckoning Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kingdom of Almalur:Reckoning
Page 1 of 1